Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Still Standing

Is it really only Wednesday? Wow, I feel like each of the days of this week has lasted about 36 hours, and I've been crazy busy for every one them. My life is like a whirlwind right now - there's my day job, which is nuts since I lost my "alter ego," a very good partner and friend, who made the difficult decision to take a leave of absence for family reasons. Then, of course, there's school, with the holiday concert season looming ahead. And of course, NaNoWriMo, and the drain on my creative energy trying to keep up pace.

I have literally not had one extra minute this week...and I really don't have one now, either. It's 11:37 pm - I've been up since 5:30 am, been to work, to school, back to work, home, to a church rehearsal, back home, on a long heart to heart phone call with my son, and then an emotional semi- finale of Dancing With the Stars ( it's one of my guilty pleasures). But I felt the need to touch base with all my guiding stars out there in the blogsphere - let you know I'm thinking of you, and that I value the wisdom and guidance you all offer me each day with your insightful, wise, and wonderful words.

Tonight I find myself thinking a lot about life, and what it offers us, and how we use it. Sometimes, the things that life puts in front of us are difficult, and painful, and we make choices that have the potential to do great harm. Then again, sometimes we are offered the opportunity to make something great out of something that seems very miniscule and unimportant. I have always believed that God, or the universe, or whatever higher power you might believe in, has a way of aligning events and circumstances for our greater good. The trick is to be aware of all the possibilities, and be open to them. So, sometimes, when things seem their darkest, there is a greater good hiding behind the seemingly endless quagmire of disaster. It might take some slogging through the muck to get there, but ultimately, you'll find something shiny and clean waiting for you at the end.

I'm slogging through the muck of life right now, and so are some of the people I most love and care about...but I've been around long enough to know that there are lovely green fields on the other side of this muddy pasture. We'll just keep plowing through until we find them.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I'm right there with you. Busy, busy, busy. I put my novel to sleep for tonight at about 11:30 and went to bed but then realized that Poetry Thursday was only 30 minutes away. Normally that would't get me all in a lather, but with the way my week is going I decided I'd better get up and do something about it now.

Lucky me that I found your post to keep me company.

11/08/2006  
Blogger jzr said...

Sounds all too familiar. Part of it is the time of year with all the extras that go along with making the holidays happy for our families. That on top of the usual stuff can be a killer. I'm just trying to take one moment at a time and breathe deeply. And I try to remember that I don't really have to do it all!

11/09/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey friend! Sounds like you have a lot going on - but all good things. Stolen moments are the best though, and I'm sure once the holiday season is over, you'll have much more time on your hands.
((hugs))!!

11/09/2006  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Thank you for the encouragement. Each day this week has seemed sooo long - I'm sure it's something to do with the time change. Life sounds very busy for you right now. I hope you're remembering to take good care of yourself while you offer so much to others.

11/09/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have quite a lot on your plate right now, my friend. Sometimes it seems as if it is more than you can handle...
But it is like you said, 'There are lovely green fields on the other side.' It does get better. And once you reach those fields you breathe deep, and your heart smiles, because you made it.
:-)

11/09/2006  
Blogger Deborah said...

...God, or the universe, or whatever higher power you might believe in, has a way of aligning events and circumstances for our greater good Well stated, Becca. It may take some figuring out to understand how those circumstances may benefit us, and even sometimes it simply takes the perspective of time & distance to look back down the road and see how everything is connected to something else. Keep at least 1 of those guilty pleasures for yourself while your in the midst of trying to keep up with a myriad of roles and responsibilities. best to you, my dear...JP

11/10/2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Amen! This has been one crazy hectic week! I am so exhausted after London I'm postponing going to the brocante - so you know I'm tired! But a good report from the doctor, for which I'm grateful. Plus good news about the election - now it's up to the Dems to show their worth by making some positive changes. Hope you have good weekend ahead. xo

11/10/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home