Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Whole New Grind

You all know how much I love my coffee, and I've developed quite a discerning set of taste buds for my favorite brew. For many years I've been ordering coffee from the Gevalia Company, whose traditional blend has just the right full bodied, smooth taste for me. But whether it's my age or my hormones (which I tend to blame for everything these days), I've noticed lately that my cup of Gevalia occasionally has a bitter aftertaste.

Yesterday I tried organic coffee for the first time, and I was hooked immediately. Cafe Britt Organic is a dark roast, smooth tasting, slightly sweet flavored coffee, that is full bodied without even a hint of bitterness. And even better, it's harvested from plantations that use 100% organic materials - no pesticides, no chemicals - and are completely dedicated to fair trade practices. So I have lots of reasons to feel good about drinking it.

As an added bonus, my new addiction is available at First Cup, a brand new coffee shop located just a mile from my house. I'm so thrilled that my neighborhood finally has its own coffee house, complete with art gallery showcasing local artists, poetry readings and - wireless internet. I've already made friends with the owner, a lovely woman from Lebanon, who is completely dedicated to serving all certified organic foods. I think I may have found a new hangout.

I know I've found a new coffee.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

It sounds like a terrific place, especially since it's so close. Enjoy your new favourite coffee (you make it sound fabulous and I am not a coffee drinker, although I do like the smell).

9/20/2007  
Blogger Michele said...

I love organic coffee too--It's fantabulous!!!

I love the Brazilian beans :)

Personally, I think organic coffee is in a class all its own...

Smiles,
Michele

9/20/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new brew, a new hangout - a perfect place to relax and write.

9/24/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home