Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After

Don't know about you, but I have no intention of venturing anywhere near a store this weekend. Even if I wanted to go shopping, I wouldn't, just as a small protest to the holiday buying frenzy that retailers try so desperatly to hurl us into at this time of year.

We took the dogs for a nice long walk in the park (although Jim nearly got frostbite trying to take some pictures), spent some time cataloging a treasure chest full of old coins that belonged to my in laws - a task we've been meaning to do for months now.

Tonight we're having dinner with some friends and then seeing August Rush. I'll let you know how it is.

It will certainly be better than shopping.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger susanlavonne said...

It seems that shopping kept people from the airports so I'm all for flying on Black Friday....never EVER go near a store myself that day.

Glad to read that your Thanksgiving sounded cozy...I want to do lots of catching up so expect a call soon, mon ami :-)

PS...Flew back home yesterday from a 4-day trip to Arizona!

11/24/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I can't bear going to a store the day after Thanksgiving, no matter how many bargains they're pelting at us - the crowds and chaos give me a headache and take all the joy out of shopping. Thank goodness this shopping frenzy doesn't exist here. I'm planning to go around to all the big stores and shoot their windows, but not set foot inside. :)

11/24/2007  
Blogger Jams said...

You are very wise. I stayed away until today. I didn't stay away long enough. Foolish, very foolish.

11/25/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home