Friday, January 5, 2007

I'm Excited!

This week of resting and relxation in the warm Florida sunshine seems to have jumpstarted all my creative energy. I've got all these ideas for things I want to do, and I'm so excited about them that I'm sharing them with you!

  • I'm working on the story I told you about on Wednesday, and I like it :)
  • I've got a new feature for the Byline that will debut later today. I'm calling it WithOut Words, a weekly Friday post of a photograph that's reflective of what's going in my Life in General that week...but no words, just the photo. (eek, that's pretty scary for me)
  • Remember how ladies in the Victorian era would "take up" something or someone? I love that phrase, and I'm about to take up a new creative project ~a craft project~which is also scary for me because I'm not usually very good at anything crafty.

I'm so excited about all these new things, that I'm not even thinking about the "T" word - as in where will I find the time to do all this :) It's a new year, and I'm ready to venture into some new territory. So, off I go...

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I'm so glad to hear you are back safely and refreshed, ready to take on a new project. I can't wait to see what you have waiting in the wings with your story and crafting.

I just want to check in with you about your post "getting it done." As a result of that post and chatting with another blogger about sketching, I have defeated the ogre who sits on my shoulder, taunting me with perfection and self-doubt. After writing in my journal on a short lunch time yesterday, I siezed the moment before fear of putting pencil to paper could set in and did a quick sketch of the diet 7-Up can sitting on the table. Not really a subject worthy of recording in my journal and certainly of third-grade caliber (with apoligies to accomplished third-graders), but fun--and that is what I seek from the whole process is fun.

Thanks for sharing your own challenge to "get it done." Now that I have gotten over the hump, there should be more fun ahead.

1/05/2007  
Blogger Deirdre said...

This is very exciting. You're moving forward by leaps and bounds, and I'm running along behind you. The photo posts sound so interesting - kind of a rest for the busyness of the brain.

1/05/2007  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

Can I play to, please? I love the idea of just a photo on Fridays...I'll credit you, I promise :-)
As for your other endeavors...BRAVO! (or...you GO girl!)

1/05/2007  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

too...not "to"...see why just a photo really works for me?!

1/05/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Hooray for you, Becca! I like hearing stories of how other people are inspired.

1/05/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Becca! You sound so enthusiastic and energetic and all rarin' to go!

I'm excited for you!

:-D

1/05/2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Look at you go! I can't wait to see your craft, read your story and see your Friday thingy. Where do get your energy woman? XXOO

1/05/2007  
Blogger Deborah said...

I can feel the energy behind your words Becca!! I'm excited for you! xo, d

1/06/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home