Tuesday, May 1, 2007

One Deep Breath-The Sea

A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of an absolutely crazy busy week, I flew to Florida for two days. It seemed ridiculous to me at the time~I was exhausted from dealing with work, preparing for the competition I was accompanying, and handling issues with my mother in law. But, Jim was there for the week, and he encouraged me to take the 48 hours I managed to eke out of my schedule and come down for a brief respite.

In that tiny period of time, really just one full day, I managed to do the things I love most about spending time in Florida (aside from being with my family, which is of course, always the best part of being there). Eating at the outdoor cafes, riding our bikes, and of course, walking along the beach.


waves lick my toes
eternal rhythms
echo in my heart
~
taste of sea salt
lingers on my lips~
ocean's kiss
~
sea walk calms my spirit
sends me home
rested and renewed





take a deep breath and plunge into more sea haiku here

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful colours in the sea in your photo. I love the line 'waves lick my toes'.

5/01/2007  
Blogger Regina said...

Becca- it is beautiful here now, isn't it? And the water color has been amazing lately... so glad you were able to enjoy your time and be renewed by your visit- it shows in your haikus!

5/01/2007  
Blogger jzr said...

Lovely Haiku, Becca! Glad you were able to get away. Even short times like that make a huge difference.

5/01/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sea walk calms my spirit
sends me home
rested and renewed


Me too. Lucky you.

5/01/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also had the image of nature's "kiss" and salt on lips. We must have ESP.

5/01/2007  
Blogger Roswila said...

Thank you. You took me there and I needed that brief respite. :-)

5/01/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed the lovely, calm, rejuvenating sea evoked by your haiku. sounds like a wonderful break!

5/01/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a refreshing holiday. The second haiku is my favorite, but each one is good.

5/01/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Lovely haiku - you're so lucky to have a break in such a beautiful place. xo

5/01/2007  
Blogger Shaz said...

The water looks amazing. I am so glad you got some time out with family. x

5/01/2007  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

Ocean Kiss! Ah! Beautiful!This is what I need actually! The water up here in Nor Cal is so cold and I dread going in... But I need to put a wet-suit on and go splash around just to remember how it feels to be kissed!xo

5/01/2007  
Blogger get zapped said...

These are perfect! I could really relate. I just love the second one- an ocean's kiss. I am going to Baja in a few weeks and can't wait to get that first salty kiss and not only the margarita ;)

5/02/2007  
Blogger Patois42 said...

I'm grateful you shared these. I hope your peace lingers with you for a long time.

5/02/2007  
Blogger Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

I can't wait for to get to the sea -- off to Southport for a week soon.

5/06/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home