Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Counting Down From 10

I feel like writing, but don't feel like thinking too hard, so I'll give this meme a try - it's been making the rounds of some of my favorite blogs lately. Here's my version:

10 Favourites

Favorite season: Spring, with fall a very close second
Favorite colour: Turquoise, like a cloudless spring sky
Favorite time: Sunrise
Favorite food: Pasta with a rich sauce
Favorite drink: Dark roast coffee in the morning; cold, buttery chardonnay at night
Favorite ice cream: Not much for ice cream, but mint chocolate chip is my usual pick
Favorite place: In the US (so far), San Francisco; abroad (so far), the Southeast coast of England
Favorite sport: I'm horrible at sports. I love to walk and bike, if those count
Favorite actor: It's a tie between Jimmy Smits and Hugh Grant
Favorite actress: Julianne Moore and Sally Field

9 Currents

Current feeling: Wired
Current drink: The above mentioned chardonnay
Current time: 11:20 p.m.
Current show on TV: I'm not watching it; but my husband is watching something really noisy!
Current mobile used: Motorola
Current windows open: Blogger, and MSN
Current underwear: The usual "old lady pants" as Bridget Jones would say
Current clothes: Super comfy knit gaucho pants and cotton T
Current thought: Is it that late already?

8 Firsts

First nickname: Sunshine
First kiss: Dave, 8th grade
First crush: Chris, the older man (I was 7, he was 9)
First best friend(s): Lisa and Jill
First vehicle I drove: 1972 turquoise chevy Nova
First job: Teaching piano lessons
First date: First real date- Jim, the guy I married three years later
First pet: Our cocker spaniel, Ginger

7 Lasts

Last drink: Water, before the chardonnay
Last kiss: From Kana, my friend Leigh's baby daughter; last "real" kiss was my husband, this morning
Last meal: Dinner - minestrone soup, warm bread with olive oil to dip, eaten with my friend and her 20 month old daugther;
Last web site visited: Paris Parfait
Last film watched: I can't even remember; I watched an old episode of West Wing last night
Last phone call: My mother
Last TV show watched: Rescue Me

6 Have you evers

Have you ever broken the law: Does speeding count?
Have you ever been drunk: Only slightly
Have you ever kissed someone you didn't know: Don't think so
Have you ever been in the middle/close to gunfire: No, thank goodness
Have you ever skinny dipped: No
Have you ever broken anyone's heart: Not to my knowledge

5 Things

Things you can hear right now: TV from the other room, a distant leaf blower
Things on your bed: One sleeping shih tzu, my work clothes which I haven't put away
Things you ate today: Salad, soup, bread, watermelon, and a package of animal crackers when I was restless at work
Things you wouldn't want to live without: If we're talking inanimate objects, then my piano, computer, books, car and cell phone
Things you do when you are bored: I can't remember when I last felt bored

4 Places you have been today

My mother's house, work, a restaurant, my friends house,

3 Things on your desk right now

Books, picture of my son (aged 2), my notebook

2 Choices

Black or white: Black

Hot or cold: Cold

1 Place you want to visit

Picking only one is a very tall order. I'd really love to go to Greece someday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Star said...

Thanks for sharing. I keep reading these, but somehow I haven't been inspired to write one. Maybe someday...

I remember the turquoise '72 Nova; when I was in middle school the high school quarterback drove one. I thought he was a hottie so naturally the Nova was instantly hot with me also.

7/12/2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I'm so glad you did this, Becca! It's fun getting to know little details about each other.

7/13/2006  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

By sharing I now know about you. I enjoyed your haiku in a previous post! I am just beginning to compose but have not the nerve to post yet.

7/13/2006  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I loved getting to know Becca better. We watch Resue Me too :)

7/13/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home