Saturday, July 1, 2006

Sunday Scribblings-Two Peas In A Pod

Molly and Magic-Two Peas In A Pod

If you've read my last two posts, you'll know I've been in a bit of a black funk. But there's nothing that can cheer me up like these two peas in a pod.

Magic is the quintessential older brother - he's sometims bossy and mean, but hugely protective. If he hears Molly barking, he drops everything and takes off in a flash in full outraged mode, ready to fight to the death to save her if need be. Molly, well, she's the epitome of the pesky little sister. She begs mercilessly for whatever toy he's playing with, rolling over on her back right in front of his face and whimpering piteously until he drops it and walks away defeatedly. They are usually never farther than a stone's throw from each other, and often sleep curled up side by side-Molly likes to use Magic's back as a pillow.

For this pair, every day is a happy new adventure. They wake up bright eyed and beautifully bushy tailed, urging us out of bed with the promise of a walk or a game with their favorite squeaky ball. They're perfectly happy with a couple of meals, a bedtime biscuit, and every once in a while a mini scoop of vanilla from the Dairy Queen. They have the best attitude of anyone I know, and luckily for me, it's infectious. A healthy dose of fun with these two peas in a pod has quite completely banished my doldrums!

To read more Sunday Scribblings, go here.


12 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

what a lovely post, just what i needed to read! you remind me that i should think about getting a pet, a little furball to liven the place up a bit :-)

7/01/2006  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

They are just adorable. I can't imagine feeling glum with those two around either. Beautiful.

7/01/2006  
Blogger Star said...

Just the ticket to brighten me up :-) What adorable dogs.

I'm probably going to pass on writing this week's topic, so I'm going to make the best of it by reading all the great posts instead. Thanks for the smile!

7/01/2006  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Oh, what sweeties! Love them!

7/01/2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Adorable doggies! It's so nice that they bring you such joy. Terrific photo, too.

7/02/2006  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Adorable. I'm amazed at the variety of peas in a pod stories there have been. I've come up a complete blank.

7/02/2006  
Blogger jzr said...

Oh, Becca, they are wonderful!

7/02/2006  
Blogger Going For Greatness said...

They are such cuties! It's true, there's nothing like a dog to get you out of a funk and a smile on your face! It's so nice that they have eachother!!
~ Gabi

7/02/2006  
Blogger claireylove said...

what a couple of cuties - how wonderful for you to have their infectious loveliness infusing your life!

7/02/2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Lovely post. Your doggies are absolutely precious!

7/02/2006  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Doggies are the best mood lifter. I'm glad you're feeling better.

7/02/2006  
Blogger wendy said...

I just want to itch their ears and smooch their faces. i am a huge dog fan.. Mine remind me...to get over myself all the time...The present is now...and now is a great time for a treat!!

7/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home