Sunday, March 25, 2007

Food for Thought

After a very long Sunday filled with more hours on the piano bench than I would have chosen, (especially with the sun was shining brightly and the red line of thermometer approaching the number 70!), I finally sat down with a glass of wine and started catching up on my blog roll. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Vicki (Bibi's Beat) had "tagged" me with this lovely honor:




There's a nifty meme attached to this, and since I was lucky enough to be chosen as a "thinking blogger," I decided to play along. I figured it would be easy, since I have a lengthy roster of blog friends that make me think about everything from photography to food, antiques to art, politics to parenthood. Let me tell you, the hard part was narrowing it down to just five! This list represents just a few of the many people who stimulate my cerebellum every day. If the five of you want to play along, the "rules" are listed at the bottom of the page.

  1. Every post she writes is not only creative, it's courageous. Despite a debilitating disease, Tammy (The Daily Warrior), faces life with hope, optimism, and and great sense of humor. She always makes me think about life in a different way, and helps me look on the bright side.
  2. From politics to antiques, from poetry to life in Paris, Tara (Paris Parfait) always offers an array of interesting and thought provoking posts, accompanied by lovely photographs.
  3. Her vision of life, demonstrated in her writing and her view through the lens of her camera, her forays into new ventures, and her gentle outlook make Star (The Friendliest Flower) a shining light in my galaxy of bloggers.
  4. Speaking of a view through the lens, Susan's (soozphotoz) creative photographic eye makes me gasp for breath, which she then helps me recover with her inspirational prompts for haiku writing at One Deep Breath.
  5. I love to read about "the writing life," and Bug (Writer Bug) is a young woman living that life, as she works at writing and getting her MFA. Every time I read one of her posts, I'm inspired to get myself in front of a blank page and get to work.

To play along, think of five bloggers that provide you with some flavorful, spicy, comforting, food for thought, and then follow these rules:

  1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
  2. Link to the original post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme. (http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/02/thinking-blogger-awards_11.html)
  3. Optional: Proudly display your 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Writer Bug said...

OMG. I'm so honored! You have no idea! I'm so glad my blog impacts you in some way! Thank you!

3/26/2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Becca, you have touched me with your words and once my jaw was in its proper place, thrilled! I had company all day but I will do this soon :)

Bif Fat Tammy HUGS

3/26/2007  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I've just caught up on all the posts I've missed in this last week. Becca, you inspire and touch me everytime.

3/26/2007  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

You are a wonderful "thinking" blogger! Great blogs you mentioned on your fav 5, they are amazing women who inform & inspire. Much peace & love, JP

3/26/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Oh, Becca congratulations to you - well-deserved! And thank you for this lovely honour! I am so touched by your words and thrilled to be in such fine company. I will write the meme later today.

3/27/2007  
Blogger Shaz said...

Very cool Becca

3/27/2007  
Blogger Julie said...

You are so deserving, Becca. Your abilities as a writer continue to grow each day. Thank you for honoring me in your list. :D

3/27/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats my friend and awww shucks...thanks for the kudos!
Sun, wine, relaxation....sure sounds like a winning combo to me...13 days and counting!

3/27/2007  
Blogger Mandy said...

well I'm familiar with two of these already so must check out the other three soon

3/28/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home