Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Feast #161 (But #1 for Me!)

Appetizer
What is your favorite type of art?

I love the Impressionists - Monet, Renoir, Cassat. But I also love artistic photography, like Ansel Adams


Soup
When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?

Today, as a matter of fact. My mom treated me to lunch in the dining room at Macy's Department Store - a real old fashioned "ladies who lunch" place, where we had our favorite~ Maurice salads

Salad

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?

Ten years ago I would have anwered 8. Now, I'd say 5 or 6. I don't know whether I'm hardening with age, but I rarely cry about anything anymore. I sometimes cry after visiting my mother in law at the Alzheimer's facility where she lives. So many people with once vital, busy lives, now existing as shells of their former selves. Breaks my heart every time.

Main Course
Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to email?

Very little time. I don't receive a lot of email. I spend a great deal more time commenting on blogs -probably an hour a day.


Dessert
To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?

Winter is coming, and the thermostat war will soon begin! I like it at 68, my husband likes it 70, so we're always sneaking around adjusting the thermostat on each other. Terrible for energy conservation, I know.

to sample other feasts, go here

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Nita said...

Great feast! Mine is up too. Hope you can visit me! Have a great weekend ahead :)

9/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artistic photography is one of my favorites too although I didn't list it in my answer.

I know. It just breaks my heart when I see people who used to live vital lives hardly functioning now.

Sounds like you had a very nice lunch with your mother.

I'm late this week. Come visit my feast.

9/21/2007  
Blogger Bibi said...

Monet is one of my very favorite artists too. Great feast!

9/21/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lunch with Mom sounds great! My heart aches for anyone with the disease, too. Enjoyed your feast - have a great day.

9/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast! I enjoyed reading all of your responses. I agree with you...I spend more time writing and reading blogs than I do writing emails now. Email is soooooo early 2000-ish.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

9/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your soup sounded wonderful. Happy feasting...

9/21/2007  
Blogger Kara said...

LOL at your dessert :) We have thermostat wars here too, but I'm the one always turning it up.

9/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to FFeast Becca!
Monet is my fav painter :)
Have a great weekend

9/21/2007  
Blogger Natalie said...

Your dessert makes me laugh! Great feast!

9/21/2007  
Blogger Judy said...

Happy Friday and welcome to the feast! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. We have several dear friends with family members who have Altzheimers. It's very tragic.

9/21/2007  
Blogger Erin said...

Great feast! I also love artistic photography. There is something so wonderful about seeing the world through other peoples eyes (or lens). Hope you have a happy weekend : )

9/21/2007  
Blogger Gill said...

I love artistic photography too, but I didn't put it in my answer. So sad about your mother in law - Alzheimers is such a cruel thing.

I enjoyed your feast and thanks for visiting mine :-)

9/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I too love artistic photography,and I used to love to go and stare at a Monet, really close and it was just cool to see what all those little strokes became. I also feel that with age, I become less emotional in a way, but that still puts me at an 8.5 and that is down from before! Have a great weekend.

9/22/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet mom you have! Sure wish mine was still alive to enjoy my life as it is now with me. Great feast and thank you for dining with me as well as the bday wishes! what a great bunch of people the FF gang is! Have a great week!

9/22/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dessert made me laugh, and made me remember having similar wars with my ex. Great feast!! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

9/22/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the feast, Becca! Great job! 68? Too cold in your house for me! :-)

9/24/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home