Monday, June 5, 2006

One Deep Breath


Burgeoning blossoms
Hastily grow
Spreading abundant impatiens

It's probably not a coincidence that I plant lots of these in my garden. For one thing, they're easy to grow, and gardening does not come naturally to me. But more likely, it's because these particular flowers and I are so much alike. We're always anxious to grow quickly and become better and more beautiful as fast as possible. Always in a hurry, we are. Always impatiens...

for more of One Deep Breath, go here

5 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

Fantastic post! Very creative and lovely.

6/05/2006  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

beautiful flowers, great analogy

6/05/2006  
Blogger Endment said...

gardens and poetry really seem to belong together

6/05/2006  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Impatiens were the first thing I planted in my first garden. I must get some more.

6/05/2006  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

I like your Haiku poetry. I was introduced to this form by Paris Parfait."Patience" is necessary in the garden but having said that I do like the impatiens as ground cover in the shade under bushes..pink of course my favorite. I diddo endment's comment..garden and poetry together forever!! :)

6/12/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home