Monday, August 14, 2006

One Deep Breath - Coffee and Tea

Ah, coffee, life's blood in the morning. I've been addicted to this revitalizing brew since I was three years old. Yep, it was my southern grandmother that hooked me on the stuff, and in those days I drank it white with heavy cream and sugar. Now that I'm all grown up, it goes down pure and black. I can literally feel my eyes opening wider and wider with each sip. Throw in the morning paper and I am armed for the day!



Elixir in a cup
opens my eyes to the world
my morning brew
For a refill on your haiku cup, go here

10 Comments:

Blogger Star said...

Wonderful haiku, Becca.

Even working night shift for two years did not turn me to the dark side. I love the smell of coffee but can't stand the taste. And as for tea, I drink one cup of decaffeinated green tea each morning when the weather is cool enough to welcome the warmth of it, but I drink it not for taste but for the antioxidants.

Guess who won't be posting a coffe/tea haiku today ;-)

8/14/2006  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Loved your haiku :) Thank goodness I read this before I posted, I saved the same pic. LOL Great minds!

8/14/2006  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

such a great way to start the day. I love strong espresso with cream!

8/14/2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Great haiku! I love the java, but find I can't drink too much of it.

Well done.

8/14/2006  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I feel more awake just reading this. Good haiku.

8/14/2006  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely photo and haiku.

8/15/2006  
Blogger Madeleine said...

elixir...this i the word i use to descibe my ritual cup of earl grey every morning...
i love that photo, as well. it almost makes me want to get up in the morning!!
:)

8/15/2006  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Coffee and a newspaper. The perfect breakfast blend.

8/18/2006  
Blogger madretz said...

Great haiku! It certainly is a potent elixir, just the smell awakens my senses.
I was 5 or 6 when I had my first sip of my mom's coffee and loved it...sweet and creamy...exactly like how I drink it now.
Beautiful photo, too.

8/18/2006  
Blogger Endment said...

Enjoy the haiku but the illustration is fantastic.

8/19/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home