Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Scribblings-If I Could Stop Time

Greedy woman that I am, I would love to freeze time at several points, so I could exist in an alternate universe, spending days at any wonderful place in my life I chose. For instance:
  • The year before I started school, when I already knew how to read, and could talk my grandfather into walking me to the library practically everyday so I could load up with books and have all the time in the world to read them;
  • Ninth grade, when I was the most popluar I was ever to be in the public school system, the editor of the school paper, and completely involved in "social journalism," promoting anti-war days and moratoriums for peace - a real "mover and shaker" on my junior high school campus;
  • My honeymoon (for obvious reasons);
  • The year before my son started school, when he hadn't yet been disillusioned and traumatized by the educational system and we had so much fun together;
  • 1999, when my musical career was at its most satisfying, I was performing with two really good groups, and I felt confident and sure of my abilities.

As for the choice of superhero powers, that's an easy one. I'd love to be a "doppleganger" - to have a double, so I could be in two places at once. One Becca could be in Florida, while the other was in Michigan getting her work done. Or Becca #1 could be curled up in an easy chair reading her favorite book, while the other was walking the dogs. Or both Beccas could be happily pursuing their favorite hobbies on their own keyboards - one at the computer, the other at the piano. The possibilites are endless! Suddenly, life would become twice as full and interesting. So, where do I sign up to make this happen?

for more ways to freeze time, read these

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Such beautiful memories to cherish! I love your super power and you need it!

10/15/2006  
Blogger Julie said...

Those are some goodies. And I'm liking the double idea, but wouldn't it confuse M&M?

10/15/2006  
Blogger Sam said...

Love the doppleganger idea- wish I had thought of that.

Thanks for sharing!

Sam

10/15/2006  
Blogger Jerri said...

Wonderful piece, Becca. And what an fascinating life you've led. In addition to your other talents, you're a musician?

Cool.

10/15/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I love the 'doppleganger idea'. You seem very talented, and have some great memories milestones. Thanks for sharing!!!

10/15/2006  
Blogger che said...

memories to cherish indeed . all lovely !

10/15/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I would use my doppleganger to do the housework, LOL.

10/16/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home