Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Reflective Blogging

My thanks to Tammy for including me on her list of five "Reflective Bloggers." She is definitely the epitome of what the award is all about...a blogger whose posts are an "encouragement, a source of love, and provide a Godly example."







One of the greatest gifts of this information age is the ability to learn from the amazing experiences and feelings that other bloggers share so unselfishly. These five bloggers are just a few of the many that give me pause for reflection and renew my spirit.

~Joan, of Rivanna River Days, has opened my eyes to the beauty of the natural world in an entirely new way. Her gentle and insightful posts about the environment, as well as her gorgeous pictures of her home on the river, give us all food for thought...

~Deborah, aka Jane Poe, of Nevermore, shares her perspective on life in general in a stirring poetic commentary that always merits multiple readings, and always makes me shake my head in wonder at her ability to find the perfect words to express her feelings...

~Darlene, at A Walk in My Shoes, has taken us with her as she lives day to day with lupus and as she worked to bring her son back to life after a horrific auto accident. Her beautiful smile and artistic talents shines through in all her words, and she brings beauty to my daily walk...

~My friend Deirdre, at Writing Anam Cara, has a luminous way with words that takes the reader directly into her experience, whether she's describing her hopes for the future, her struggle to recover from the loss of her sister, or just an ordinary day. She writes the way I wish I could...

~Patti Digh, at 37 Days is probably already familiar to many of you. Her philosophical posts about life always make me smile, think, and marvel.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deirdre said...

Becca, thank you. You know, everything you write makes me sit back and wish I could write so well. The other people you've nominated are amazing - I learn so much from them too.

7/31/2007  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Dearest Becca ... thank you for the honour ... especially amongst so many lovely women and from such a lovely woman. I am truly touched that my blogging connects with you as much as yours does me. xx, JP

7/31/2007  
Blogger Christy Woolum said...

Congratulations and what good choices for the awards. You Go Girl!

7/31/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"One of the greatest gifts of this information age is the ability to learn from the amazing experiences and feelings that other bloggers share so unselfishly. "

I agree with you 100%. Can't wait to look at everyone on this list. I need more reflective minds in my life. Thx.

8/01/2007  
Blogger jzr said...

Becca, thank you for honoring me. I am truly humbled by your words about me. You are an inspiration to me and help to keep me writing as well as making me ponder the way we use words. I feel touched to be in the company of these other wonderful women bloggers. Thank you! Thank you!!

8/01/2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

You rock woman! I must check out these other bloggers. Take care! XXOO

8/01/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Congratulations to you and to all the deserving bloggers you've nominated! Truly a talented group!

8/01/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home