Thursday, August 30, 2007

Poetry Thursday~When Morning Comes

When Morning Comes
When morning comes
pale early light
nudges open my eyes
recalling me from distant travels
in the land of dreams
I stumble from bed
heavy hearted and sore
no delight in this day set before me.
~
When morning comes
black coffee drizzles
into a shiny, clear pot,
preparing to ignite my sleep laden spirit
I lean across the sink
and throw open the window
hoping to clear the fog from my head.
~
When morning comes
cool breezes caress
tender, dry, skin
anointing me with freshness
I offer my face
to the wide open window
rejoicing in the baptism of possibility~
when morning comes
~
Thank you, Poetry Thurdsay, for providing a safe place to share and experience the joys of poetry.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

"the baptism of possibility" - what an inspired phrase.

Wishing you more calming thoughts like these as you take a deep breath and head into another busy school year.

8/30/2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

We definitely shared our morning. :) I agree with Star on that great phrase. HUGS

8/30/2007  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

Yes, having just read your previous post, I think "the baptism of possibility" is what it's all about right now.

8/30/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The repetition of "when Morning comes" adds to it.

I like the thoughts.

8/31/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful.

I spotlighted your blog in my BlogDay 2007 article:

http://www.jhsiess.com/2007/08/31/blog-day-2007/#more-363

I also subscribed to your feed. I will be reading more of your work. Any other writer who plays handbells is ok in my book! :-)

8/31/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This so beautifully describes my mornings also.
I enjoyed this poem. xo

9/01/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Yes, the "baptism of possibility" says it all. Lovely poetry.

9/01/2007  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

I love the flow of this poem ... each stanza moving with the wakening body. Lovely! xx, JP/deb

9/01/2007  
Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

All these so gentle awakenings. How soothing a start to a day.

9/01/2007  
Blogger Clare said...

I really like this! I also like to throw open a window in the morning and feel the air and inhale the freshness. And the "baptism of possibility" is a lovely line.
:)

9/01/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home