Monday, September 3, 2007

Encyclopedia of Me Monday: D is for...


D O G S !

Magic and Molly, wading in Lake Huron

My dogs are part of my family, and always have been. Ginger, the cocker spaniel we had during my childhood, was the long suffering participant in my efforts at playing school, house, doctor, and every other game that I would have used a younger sibling for (if I had been fortunate enough to have one!) When Jim and I were first married, we practiced our parenting skills with Buffy, the cocker puppy we brought home on our first anniversary.

After we lost Buffy, we went almost 15 years without getting another dog. Why, I'll never know. Magic came to me from a friend, who bred her own Shih Tzu in 2002, and offered me "pick of the litter." We fell so in love with this breed, that it didn't take long to decide we wanted another, and so Molly came to live with us in August of 2004.

Naturally, I think my dogs are the cutest, smartest, most adorable dogs ever ~ sort of the same way I feel about my kid! But I love all dogs, and if there's one thing I cannot abide in any way, shape, or form, it's cruelty to animals.

So, it's love me, love my dogs...or hit the highway!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I have never not had a dog. God's gift to man of unconditional love. Magic and Molly are adorable.

Dog kisses

Hugs for you!

9/03/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are precious. If anyone dare asks me about my dog they know they'll get an earful because I love talking about her!

9/03/2007  
Blogger Christy Woolum said...

Dog lovers unite! What a great picture of Magic and Molly. I can't believe you went so long without!

9/03/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs are amazing - total unconditional love, and so much more interactive than cats.

Great picture, too.

9/04/2007  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

Great pictures! I too love my dog passionately!

9/04/2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Nice elaboration. ;)

9/04/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't love dogs, but I like them. My mom has one, my sister has two. I have a bunny. LOL.
I loved your last line!! Your dogs are very cute and I'm sure, a huge source of love.

9/05/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Your dogs are totally adorable. What a cute photo!

9/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home