Monday, September 10, 2007

Encyclopedia of Me Monday: E is for Energy

I have been sick this past week, really down and dirty sick, and while I'm beginning to recover some of my equilibrium, I have not yet begun to rebound from a very profound loss of EneRgY. The thought of getting out of my chair takes a supreme amount of effort~really, you would think I was being asked to run a marathon just to get from here to the kitchen to pour a glass of water.


I have never considered myself a highly energetic person, for I would choose lying on the sofa with books and bon bons over planting a garden or going dancing. But the past week has brought me to the realization that I had a good bit more energy than I gave myself credit for.

After all, most days I'm up at 6:30 to get in my morning pages and some yoga before work. After working all day, I often go to an evening rehearsal. Or I walk the dogs, do some shopping or cleaning, then finish out the day by writing and blog reading. This week, I was lucky to crawl out of bed by 8, after which I would perform my necessary morning ablutions and then crawl right back in.


No energy.


How I've take my energy for granted! just like most other aspects of my good health. I've expected it to carry me through work, concerts, chores, social events, all without even a tiny acknowledgement of gratitude.


That ends now. As soon as energy returns to me (and I'm surely hoping it will!) I promise to be a better, kinder steward. I'll take note when it flags, and give it some rest before it collapses in defeat. I'll nurture it with plenty of fruits and vegetables, my daily vitamin, and of course, lots and lots of water.


No more thumbing past the entry for the letter E in the encyclopedia of me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger jzr said...

I know how you feel. I'm just getting up from what sounds like a similar problem and it does take a long time. Today I finally did a regular workout ... but I am tired. It will get better. i've decided that when I can I will nap!!

9/10/2007  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

It's a gift to be grateful for energy. Energy is not always a given. Sometimes I simply hate the energy robbed by a simple shower. Being clean keeps me motivated. :)

Here's to you getting it back!!!

XXOO

9/10/2007  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't quite kicked this bug to the curb but am glad you've gained valuable insight. I hope each day brings you more energy and a return to the things you've been missing out on.

9/10/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Be gentle with yourself and listen to your body. Maybe the season change is affecting you. Some of us sensitive folks really take it hard with these changes in nature.
Thinking of you.

9/11/2007  
Anonymous Brittany H said...

I enjoyed reading your post.

3/05/2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home