Friday, November 2, 2007

Seven Wonderful Words

Choose seven of your favorite words, one of several inspiring prompts on the November menu at Cafe Writing...check it out if you're doing NaBloPoMo and need an idea, or NaNoWriMo, and need a break!


Percolation~a word that recalls my mother's Corningware percolator, hot coffee bubbling up inside the glass top with its own nifty little rhythm...

Dervish~ as in "whirling," which calls to mind a the excitement of gyspy dancing, spooky firelight, an music from a squeezebox...

Lovely ~actually, I prefer the way the British say it - "luvly," meaning "just ducky"...

Arabesque~a graceful ballet movement depicted in the sound of the word - and also one of my favorite pieces of music for piano, written by Claude Debussy...

Cavort~doesn't that sound like fun??

Transcendent~a power I only wish I had, to place myself on a higher plane...

Please~a politeness, but also an exclamation, as in "puh-leeze"...


Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Percolating is an excellent word...I mean all of these are, but I really like that one.

It applies to thoughts as well as coffee, of course.

11/02/2007  
Blogger Michele said...

Wonderful words, Becca! I particularly love "luvly", as I seem to say it a lot ;0)

"Dervish" sounds like something scrumptious with powdered sugar sprinkled over it while it's still warm, he he (maybe I'm just hungry?)

Smiles,
Michele

11/02/2007  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Those are all fantastic words! Thanks for reminding me of some of them ... now if you please, I think I will percolate on the idea of transcending into a lovely arabesque of the soul, pulling out of myself, pointing my sites high and cavorting with the whirling dervish of desire. xx, JP/deb

11/03/2007  
Blogger Michele said...

Hi again, Becca. Thought I'd tag you for a fun meme if you're up for it.

Here's the link to mine:


http://writingthecyberhighway.
blogspot.com/2007/11/seven-
random-facts-meme.html

Smiles,
Michele

11/03/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the words. Dervish is very popular word here. Derived from Persian, I think.

I am enjoying this!

11/04/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I like all these words too - and ever since I lived in London, I use the word "lovely" way too often - but isn't it a lovely word? :)

11/04/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home