Friday, August 18, 2006

Sunday Scribblings - The Inner Life of Pets

Conversation overheard this morning just after I left for work:

Magic
: You may think you're going to get the spot on top of the chair, but it's mine, and I'm lying here to watch Mom drive out of the driveway.

Molly: Oh no you aren't - you always get that spot, and mom's really getting annoyed about that big squashed spot on the back of her chair because you're so heavy.

Magic: Any heaviness about me is pure muscle, you little fat fluff! Unlike you, who are so soft and wussy you can't even make it through the whole walk at night without Dad having to carry you.

Molly: Daddy likes carrying me! And I can't help it if my legs are shorter than yours and I get tired more easily.

Magic: You just need to toughen up, little sister. Why don't you get out of bed a little earlier tomorrow and I'll take you on my morning run around the yard?

Molly (sighing heavily): I really hate getting up in the morning. I love lying on my back underneath that nice ceiling fan mom and dad just bought. And ever since they got the king sized bed for us to share, there's all this room to stretch out! Mom hardly every kicks me in her sleep anymore.

Magic (yawning): I know what you mean. I've been sleeping a lot better since dad got those new down pillows - much more comfortable. Now, if we could just do something about his snoring...

Molly (snoring softly herself): Hmmm, you're right about that...let's just go back to bed.


Molly and Magic

for more scribblings about pets, go here

13 Comments:

Blogger GreenishLady said...

They are so cute! Are they sisters?

8/19/2006  
Blogger Becca said...

BTW, people ask me all the time if they're siblings. They aren't even remotely related. Molly actually was born in Idaho, and traveled to Michigan with her eal brother via PetLink airlines. Magic is two years older, and was sired by my friend's shih tzu.

8/19/2006  
Blogger Bella said...

This was absolutely adorable! Imagine their conversations really went something like that?
So imaginative Becca! I loved reading this.. first blog of the day with my a.m. coffee. I've got a permanent smile on my face.

8/19/2006  
Blogger Deirdre said...

This is priceless. I feel sad sometimes that Bailey never got this kind of companionship. It's a kick to watch two pets interact.

8/19/2006  
Blogger Alex S said...

Are those ShihTzus???? That was such an adorable conversation-I bet their conversations are just like that! I grew up with Shihtzus and Malteses myself and can't wait until I am in a place in my life where I can have dogs again. I'm going back right now to look at that photo again!

8/19/2006  
Blogger jzr said...

This is wonderful! My two don't argue about beds or chairs, they argue about who is getting the most attention!!

8/19/2006  
Blogger TMTW said...

Loved the conversation! The pic is adorable!

8/19/2006  
Blogger Idiot Cook said...

Wow! I'm working my way through the Sunday Scribbling posts, and I'm SO enjoying them...this one is just priceless...love Molly and Magic's dialogue...I bet they really DO talk about these things. Thanks for sharing! :)

Peace,
FC

8/19/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the conversation these two have got going on and i think it's probably spot on. great post, thanks!

8/19/2006  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Becca you have been keeping these angels a secret. So precious! Loved the part about snoring :)



A blogger walk would be too cool :)
XXOO

8/20/2006  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

This is the cutest post and sweet photo of the pets! I thought you were eavesdropping on my cats!!

8/20/2006  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent! Very funny post and totally adorable photo!

8/21/2006  
Blogger harmonyinline said...

they are so cute. they look a lot like my Ted did except Ted was all white.

8/21/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home