Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tagged (Again)-Eight Random Things About Me

Are there eight random things you don't know about me? I think over the past 18 months I've confided many of my most "interesting" secrets, but since Michele asked so nicely, I'll give it a go.
  • I can't stand loud, repetitive mechanical noises, like lawn mowers and gas powered edgers. They make me want to scream.
  • I'm claustrophobic, and get really edgy in traffic jams or wedged in the middle of the row at the theater.
  • I love animals with a passion, and am so tenderhearted I cannot bear to hear or watch anything where animals are hurt. When I was a kid, I couldn't even watch Lassie, because she was always in some kind of danger during the show.
  • I drive fast - too fast.
  • I'm not nearly the perfectionist that people think I am ;)
  • I have no talent whatsoever for art - drawing, crafting, etc. I really don't. Or for any type of needlework.
  • As much as I love working as an accompanist at the high school, I do not like teaching, and, not surprisingly, I'm not any good at it. Years ago, when I taught private piano students, I remember feeling an overwhelming urge to push them off the piano bench so I could play the piece the right way.
  • I don't like talking on the telephone or making phone calls, and will put off doing it until the last possible moment.

There you have it~I'm not tagging specific people, but feel free to play along if you haven't already done this one.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl said...

Thanks for playing along, Becca! You did a great job ;-)

I don't like telephones either... Imagine, who thought when I was a teenager gabbing for hours, that I'd EVER say I couldn't stand the phone! ha ha!


Smiles,
Michele

10/04/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too despise the telephone - I make a telephone date with my daughter because she is so far away - but otherwise I avoid it as much as possible!

10/04/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Becca, LOL, you just gained an even bigger spot in my heart with your comment about pushing students off the piano bench...I can so relate.

10/04/2007  
Blogger Bibi said...

I'm with you on almost every one of those ... I do like teaching, but I can't play anything above high-school level on the piano. So wouldn't be any good me teaching that anyway!

10/04/2007  
Blogger paris parfait said...

You are funny about wanting to shove the students off the piano bench. I can identify with this sentiment, as once upon a time, I too, taught piano lessons. And one little girl in particular had no interest in being there and it took every ounce of patience I could muster not to scream! In the end, I told her mother she was wasting her money and my time, as the child didn't want to learn and wouldn't make an effort. And talking on the phone? I dislike it too, other than to my daughter (as it's the only way we can communicate on different continents). I'd rather make quick arrangements over the phone and save the gab for face-to-face meetings.

10/05/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting info ! :-)

10/05/2007  
Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

We have a lot in common -

I drive fast
I'm slightly claustrophobic
I hate talking on the phone
Used to live in MI (Grand Rapids area)

I forget what else!

Thanks for stopping by and congrats back at you for 31 yrs.

What beach are you at in your photo? Love the beach.

10/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home