Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Feast

Appetizer : How are you today?
With radiant sunshine, a fresh cool breeze blowing, and endless blue sky, I'm excited about getting outside, hoping the fresh autumn air will blow some of the cobwebs out of my head.

Soup : Name 3 television shows you watch on a regular basis.
For a long while, there weren't even three shows I could say I regularly watched. Lately, I've become addicted to Mad Men, a series set in 1960's New York City, and centered around the advertising business. I grew up in the 60's and there haven't been many shows or movies set in that era. This one pays great attention to detail, from costume to language, to social mores and customs. It's fascinating. I also watch Gray's Anatomy and ER ~ I've always liked the "doctor shows."

Salad : What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?
A couple of years ago, a hurricane hit Naples, Florida, where our son lives and where we have a second home. We were all in Michigan at the time, but it was frightening (and rather surreal) to be watching the coverage on television, seeing familiar landmarks being blown and buffeted about. Luckily, neither of our homes were damaged.


Main Course : If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be?
No question - the UK. When we visited there in 2005, waking up in the morning was my favorite part of the day. The sun on those luscious green hills, the fields dotted with sheep, the peace and quiet of the small villages we passed through - sumblime!


Dessert : What do you usually wear to sleep?
I really like nice sleepwear - not super expensive stuff, but things that match and look good. I'm not an old T shirt and boxers kind of girl. I like feminine nighties and pajamas.


for more feasts, go here

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful feast!! Have a great Friday.

9/28/2007  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I've just caught up on a week's worth of your posts. A feast for my mind and soul.

Each course of your Friday Feast deserves a comment of its own. There's so much in each paragraph.

9/28/2007  
Blogger Sandee said...

You salad was scary. It would be weird to watch it on the tube. Loved your dessert. You're the first that dresses up for bed. Loved it. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

9/28/2007  
Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

I'm the same as you on the t.v. I finally have three shows and they're all on the same night!

I remember the hurricanes hitting FL. We were in FL after one hit. What a mess.

Have a nice weekend!

9/28/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed most of the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. The end looked like it was a good one. Hope life slows down so I can enjoy next week's epi. Great feast! Thank you for stopping by to dine with me!

9/28/2007  
Blogger Michele said...

Hi Becca,

I enjoyed this "meal!" ha ha! Great job ;-)

Smiles,
Michele

9/28/2007  
Blogger Patti said...

Oh! Scary salad! Happy Friday! :)

9/28/2007  
Blogger Allie Boniface said...

Mmm...love your main course!

9/28/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready to take off to the UK anytime, too! have a great weekend...

9/28/2007  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love love LOVE "Grey's Anatomy." Haven't watched the premiere from last night . . . sure hope it's good.

Happy weekend!

Jennifer :-)

9/28/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just tried to subscribe to you in my Google Reader. Do you have a feed?

9/29/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home