Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Written in the Stars (?)

Pisces
Your imagination is flying high today, dear Pisces. Intellect and intuition join together in a vivid and explosive union where the whole is definitely greater than the sum of the parts. Don't waste this energy. Get busy and work on whatever creative projects you're involved with, or start one if there aren't any. This energy may not come around again for a while, and you'll want to make the most of it. Have fun!
I really wish I had read this horoscope this morning when I first got out of bed, instead of now, at 8:00 pm, when I'm about to change into my comfy flannel jammies, pour myself my alloted glass of wine for the day, and burrow into the corner of my leather couch to watch Dancing With the Stars. If I had only known before I went to work that my intellect and intuiton were going to join in a vivid and explosive union, I'm sure all those reports I typed and mailed at the office would have immediatley caught the eye of a top literary agent. And that fax requesting a quote for shower grab bars and a raised commode seat would probably have garnered me a nomination for a Pulitzer prize.
Of course, I did make some headway on one very important creative proect - my stockpile of post-it flags are now individually displayed in a colorful flag-like banner along the entire length of the shelf above my cubical, a project I completed during the time I was on hold with the telephone company repair service.
Oh well, tomorrow's another day, another opportunity to make the most of my creative energy, assuming it comes around again. And tomorrow, I'll be checking the horoscope first thing with my morning coffee, just to see if my imagination might be flying high.

6 Comments:

Blogger susanlavonne said...

explosions CAN be dangerous, you know!
i've read this four times already and laughed aloud EVERY time! now i get to creep along on the Beltway but with a smile as i replay your post ...

2 minutes later (than the above comment):

took your cautionary tale as a sign to read my horoscope first...it says that i want to play but that my partner "may have other ideas about [my] schedule." And that I need to put "a potentially enjoyable activity on the back burner."

No "vivid and explosive unions" for me either I guess.

9/20/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well, at least you have a pretty post it display to keep you smiling.
this was funny.

9/20/2006  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Don't you hate when you read the good horoscope at end of day and the bad horoscope first thing in the morning? I think the good ones must be true for more than just one day.

9/20/2006  
Blogger claireylove said...

Oh toooooo funny!
(With an added resonance for me as a fellow Piscean...)

9/21/2006  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I guess after reading your poetry first you're still on a roll. LOL

9/21/2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I missed this post first time around - but thanks to Susan's reminder, I'm now chortling along while reading your amusing insights. :)

9/24/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home