Tuesday, November 28, 2006

One Deep Breath-Legacy

fierce determination
to follow your dream
always inspires me

For the past 26 years, I've been amazed and inspired by my son's determination and drive. When he makes a decision, whether it involves the educational path he plans to take, the work he wants to do, the type of car he drives, or choosing a life's partner, he will move heaven and earth to make his dream happen. Throughout his life, his diligence, resourcefulness, and plain fearless hard work, have made me more proud than I can say. So, today's haiku is in honor of his "reverse legacy" to me.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Deirdre said...

It also says a lot about the mother you are to your son. I like this poem.

11/28/2006  
Blogger Julie said...

I agree with Dierdre, the person he is today is in direct proportion to your guidance without pushing.

It sounds like you have every right to be proud of him.

11/28/2006  
Blogger rel said...

Becca,
Wow, that is so cool.
I never thought outside that box. Thanks for the reminder.
rel

11/29/2006  
Blogger jzr said...

Becca, don't you imagine he got alot that stuff from you?? I bet he did! Still, it is amazing though how much our children have to teach us! Lovely haiku!

11/29/2006  
Blogger susanlavonne said...

I think "reciprocal" is a more fitting description :-)
Beautiful in both the words you chose and the warm feelings they convey.
(I'm home BTW and at work..ugh :-)

11/29/2006  
Blogger paris parfait said...

I like the idea of a reverse legacy - and from what I already know about your son, he's a marvel! Lovely poem.

11/29/2006  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Your love is shining, it has lite his way.

11/29/2006  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

What a beautiful tribute to your son, filled with love and pride ... reverse legacy ... great concept! I like the synergy that's implied, how we can give and receive legacies with and through our children. lovely, JP

11/29/2006  
Blogger claireylove said...

Great twist - though I'd second Susan's notion of reciprocal too!

11/30/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Haiku, Becca.

It's nice to see how proud you are of your son :-)

Have a Wonderful day!

11/30/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great take on the prompt. I love the idea of a reverse legacy. My oldest daughter provides the same for me but I never thought of it as a legacy till now. Well done & thanks.

12/02/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home